• Advertisement
Help a good cause...like donating to AerioStyle.com!

my 07

Share your favorite Aerio pictures here. Good at "PhotoShopping"? Post your digitally remastered images here.

Re: my 07

Postby Woodie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:39 am

I put 225/50-15s on the factory rims. Car looks and feels much better.
I will not run anyone's life - nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule nor be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone - nor sacrifice anyone to myself." - Ayn Rand
Woodie
AerioStyle Addict!!!
AerioStyle Addict!!!

Advertisement

Help a good cause...like donating to AerioStyle.com!

Postby thaartist » Thu May 30, 2013 5:38 pm

alex 93, I like the red! Black would have been cool with your car. My car is red and I'm painting it a deep red so I'll probably match the color with powder coating.

Devil thank you thank you! And the story of the hood scoops is hilarious! omg lol
2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan
thaartist
Aerio Veteran
Aerio Veteran

Postby thaartist » Thu May 30, 2013 5:58 pm

Devil what if I wanted to go with 15 inch wheels, then what wheel width and tires would you recommend?
2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan
thaartist
Aerio Veteran
Aerio Veteran

Postby Devilsword » Fri May 31, 2013 1:29 am

it really depends if there are the wheels you are using all year around then i wouldn't go bigger then a 6.5 due to the snow in Wisconsin. if these are summer only you could get away with a nice 7inch. a 205/50-15 will help fill the wheel well but some camber bolts might need to come into play. the other option is to run a narrow small tire like a 195/50-15 that will lower the cars over all height a little and with the right tire stiffen up the ride. but without the extra rubber smooth driving is key in the curves. as for daily tires i love khumos ASXs tread is hot and they can get some heat in them. i will up load a pic of them from the track latter and the things they can pick up.
There is nothing honorable in street racing, hit the track and drop some panties http://www.youtube.com/user/devil5word Autocross panty dropping vids http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349923/1 Old Cardomain
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Postby thaartist » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:42 pm

Sorry i haven't been on in awhile and this is still a topic of concern with me. I'm resurrecting the Aerio as of late and it's going to be painted next month researching clear corners for the fender but will probably order the suzuki aerio ones since they will be an easy fit. I Got the Aerio spoiler from 04 generation put on for an 06. Hopefully will atleast look pretty cool for summer. How did you go about painting your door handles and have they chipped at all? Did you get them powder coated?

I remember awhile back someone said one of the best and easiest upgrades for my AUTO sedan aerio would be to upgrade to a red or yellow top optima battery from autozone? Is that still true and why is that? I'll search more on google as well.

Back to tires, in Winter I will run the regular manufacturer spec tires at 14" for now since thats what I have currently.

As for summer I want the rims to be as close to the edge of the fender ground effects kit as possible more like a volkswagon and if possible take up more of the wheel well and something thats fairly common so I can get a good price on them. Maybe something that hondas use regularly?

I am thinking 16" if the ride wont be too bumpy. What should I do? I think I still have some spacers from when i had 17 or 18's on the suzuki if I need them.

Thanks!!!
2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan
thaartist
Aerio Veteran
Aerio Veteran

Postby Devilsword » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:56 pm

to fill the gap more you either need to mess around with spacers or with the offset of the wheel to fill that gap. its a time consuming effort to get it just right with no rubbing and trial in error. honestly i don't have the time to figure it out and my suspension and fenders are well past the stock level to do any testing on. 16s couldnt' hurt but you might need to play around with tire sideway to get the look you want. when it comes down to it i just don't understand the stance look. getting cars to look amazing parked exchange for drivability and performance seems like a stupid choice. but so people would say my fuction over form approach is the same so who knows....... as for door handles they are plastic and can't be powdercoated, mine are not chipped but sunfadded. as for the best first aerio mod it would have to be the underdrive pulley. i had a red top optima and it caused me nothing but problems until i took its second replacement out.
There is nothing honorable in street racing, hit the track and drop some panties http://www.youtube.com/user/devil5word Autocross panty dropping vids http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349923/1 Old Cardomain
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Postby Alex_93 » Fri May 02, 2014 12:09 am

Went to 205 50s and they rub like crazy
Alex_93
Aerio Casual
Aerio Casual

Postby Devilsword » Fri May 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Whats size are the wheel and offset? Prob rolling the lip will stop most rubbing
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Postby Alex_93 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:50 am

15x7 and not sure on the off set but I did a little rolling and it helped a ton
Alex_93
Aerio Casual
Aerio Casual

Postby Alex_93 » Sat May 10, 2014 5:43 pm