• Advertisement
Help a good cause...like donating to AerioStyle.com!

front speakers for 2003 aerio

I'll try and recreate my old audio system install walkthrough here shortly.

front speakers for 2003 aerio

Postby surfguy17 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:29 am

im thinking of putting new front speakers in the car. mu neighbour has a 96 honda accord and i found out online that his speakers are the same size (6.5) but the depth is 2 while on the suzuki its 3.5. my question is does that matter?
surfguy17
Aerio Newbie
Aerio Newbie

Advertisement

David IQ Computer Repair

Re: front speakers for 2003 aerio

Postby Woodie » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:39 pm

That just means his car doesn't have enough room for decent speakers, you have much more flexibility.
I will not run anyone's life - nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule nor be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone - nor sacrifice anyone to myself." - Ayn Rand
Woodie
AerioStyle Addict!!!
AerioStyle Addict!!!

Postby surfguy17 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:10 pm

he had put aftermarket speakers in so would those still work in my car?
surfguy17
Aerio Newbie
Aerio Newbie

Postby Stickgaron » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:57 am

I believe that it must have the best meaning.
Stickgaron
Aerio Virgin
Aerio Virgin

Postby thaartist » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:42 pm

I put rockford fosgate primes in the front side doors. I think the factory speakers were better! Primes pretty much suck. Its a ton of work the way they have them mounted also! I believe I ended up cutting a hole in the door grill and mounting the aftermarket rockford grille to the door, I might have even mounted the speaker to the door with the grille. I'd have to check. I don't remember the specifics anymore but I remember it was way more trouble than it was worth. I dont even remember feeling like the sound was any better either. I plan on buying kickers for the front soon so I can let you know then and post pics if you want.

I also cut out the back dash for 6x9s not sure that was worth it either. I was hoping for more of the bass of an 8" speaker. Looking into adding a slim subwoofer to the trunk soon, or molding 12" to the corners in the trunk (sedan)
2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan
thaartist
Aerio Veteran
Aerio Veteran

Return to Sound Systems