• Advertisement
Help a good cause...like donating to AerioStyle.com!

wow this forum site is full of douche bags

Heard any good jokes lately? Post 'em here! But you know the rules, keep it clean! Otherwise, please look into the 'Anything Goes' forum.

wow this forum site is full of douche bags

Postby Spartan117 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:36 pm

check this out, this is a talon forum site i came across. this guy simply asks questions and all these little 16 year old girls instantly jump on his case for violating rules and crap. its just a bunch of B.S. to make these kitties feel special.
one of the rules, "no text speak" which doesnt even follow the rule itself (no text speak?, that doesnt even make sense, how about no "text message terminology or slang", or something more proper itself).

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220513
2003 Suzuki Aerio SX - Turbo 13 Psi - LOTS of mods - 13.9 @ 105 on crappy tires!!! :D
2002 BMW Mini Cooper S - Supercharged - Boost gauge - 15% pulley - catback exhaust 15 flat @ 94mph
Owner of http://www.suzukituning.info/ - site construction is on hold until the Aerio is back up and running.
Spartan117
Super
Super

Advertisement

Help a good cause...like donating to AerioStyle.com!

Re: wow this forum site is full of douche bags

Postby djfreshrmx » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:17 pm

spartan do not disrespect red. :lol:
03 aerio s
OBX u/d pulley, straight pipe and exhaust sys,
air intake sys, grounding kit, and now RRM HEADER!!
djfreshrmx
Aerio Veteran
Aerio Veteran

Postby bboyalan » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 pm

There are no douche bags from what I see. Many serious forums with persistent members + moderators advocate correct grammar, spelling, etc. This is especially true for technical topics and lengthy posts IN WHICH others must try to comprehend the OP's message. I hate trying to decipher a wall of elementary school level text because someone failed to put some effort into it with proper indentations and punctuation.

Yes, I am one of those "douche bags" who get on people for dreadful and inexcusable posts. Most of the time, the person will come back with a revised post because they feel embarrassed and still seek help. I may be even more biased because of my studies to become a teacher, but it is what it is.

//edit// You must also realize that it becomes annoying when a growing handful of people always expect to be spoon-fed information when their topic has been discussed many times prior. This is why the search feature is emphasized.
3/S Street Tuner :-) San Diego's fastest, daily-driven VR-4 - fully gutted with lots of deletes!
'05 Aerio S || '06 RX-8 || '92 VR-4 - 24psi w/ 8K RL >> est. 550AWHP VD U/C on Pump-E85
I snapped a rod after 10k DD miles into the build, and now Panda v3 awaits...
New build in the works featuring AEM EMS S2, MHI EVO3 16G's, and methanol goodness
"There are no secrets better kept than the secrets that everybody guesses."
bboyalan
Super
Super

Postby Spartan117 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:38 pm

true dat bob, true dat
2003 Suzuki Aerio SX - Turbo 13 Psi - LOTS of mods - 13.9 @ 105 on crappy tires!!! :D
2002 BMW Mini Cooper S - Supercharged - Boost gauge - 15% pulley - catback exhaust 15 flat @ 94mph
Owner of http://www.suzukituning.info/ - site construction is on hold until the Aerio is back up and running.
Spartan117
Super
Super

Postby Devilsword » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:58 pm

i get tired, now and then doing the same thing. that is why i have spent so much time doing things no one uses...like the how-too collection, car color chart, updating the performance wheel guide ect. know that the search function does always give you what you want when you don't know how to look for it. i also tend to take care sense some people have mental disorders or poor English that could want help. i am dyslexic and constantly have to check myself on what i write. from time to time when i exhausted i don't tend to do this and get caught.
hell look at my first posts in fact(like below, i was angry and had no spell check) i convinced david to put a spell check on this forum to help me out. one of the moderators sent me a kind pm and i fixed it. no need to drag it out for everyone to see.

Devilsword wrote:
as for a finnial its seems wrong for people to judge people for there veiws and lifestyle. This si suspose to be a forum full of answers no matter what the qeustion not one full of jackasses pulling sticks out of there a$$ and putting someone down for a comment or a qeustion. i mean one guy came on to show his ideal for a fake nitious bottle that he thought would look cool . he didn't hold a gun to you head and tell you to like it. and a idioit climbed out of the woodwork like you to give you too cents make him feel like crap so you can feel like a tought guy or the popular kid for once in you lonely life. Seriouly people if you can answer the DAMN Qeustion the don't at all, If another topic comes up like does the car stop better with or without ABS breaks then start a dman new thread. But help the guy out or shut you damn mouth

yet when i came a mod i found a whole link discussing my problems listed.....

Who wants to have a chat with this excited young lad?
Topics:
Search
Grammar
Punctuation
Spell Check
Topic high-jacking
Over posting
General Forum Rules
Welcome Zero 2.0.0.0.1

and got comments like this behind my back

he drives a big red truck. Wonder if that has to do with anything.

I'm not sure but think hes about 19?? probably new to the grammar and communicating thing.

He is a douche...Id carve a pennis on the side of his truck too...well maybe not that far, but he is a douche!

isn't a peenis driving the truck AND on the door a little much?

and rude post comments like

In the future do searches, etc (including here) cause this same topic (Daewoo Swift, etc) has been discussed recently. Try to keep posts factual (history shows searches here will help this) by getting the skinny before hitting the ENTER button.

Racing in traffic going 120mph -what are you a f-ucking IDIOT ? (YES) People like you need to go to hell. Were you playing with your penis as you tried to PROVE your "manhood" ? PRICK ! a$$ hole . BTW I think you're BSing ( trying to be "manly") the Aerio's speedo will not only go up to 125mph but a stock 2002 Aerio will go that fast. What a putz

After all this its a surprised i stayed here, and i have made it a point to be vary helpful to anyone that comes in. I also don't sit back and let this happen in private boards anymore. some of the people that posted the info above also strongly not for me as a mod. Nowi handle most of the spam cleaning(with the help from davidiq and bboyalen when they are not busy. :D ) do i think the forum is a douch, yeah i think there could have been a better way of talking to this kid about his typing and i think it was the actions of the forums members that drove him towards his angry post. This being said the forum has a right to make any rule you want. if you don't like them you have the right to leave.
There is nothing honorable in street racing, hit the track and drop some panties http://www.youtube.com/user/devil5word Autocross panty dropping vids http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349923/1 Old Cardomain
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Postby gdaeriosx » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:52 pm

You know what?!

I like you guys lol I've been here for no more than two weeks, and I'm addicted to this forum already...

BTW, Devilsword, you are a good mod. =]
~Red 02 Aerio sx, coming soon cold air intake, exhaust system, HID light kid, etc... ~
gdaeriosx
Aerio Regular
Aerio Regular

Postby Devilsword » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:55 pm

thanks and i hope that over the time that i have been here i have attributed something of worth to this forum.
There is nothing honorable in street racing, hit the track and drop some panties http://www.youtube.com/user/devil5word Autocross panty dropping vids http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349923/1 Old Cardomain
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Postby Woodie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:09 am

Don't you mean CONtributed? :D :) :o :shock:
I will not run anyone's life - nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule nor be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone - nor sacrifice anyone to myself." - Ayn Rand
Woodie
AerioStyle Addict!!!
AerioStyle Addict!!!

Postby Jim In Indy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:42 pm

I guess I just don't (for the most part), say anything that I wouldn't want my mom to hear me say. I'm in my 50's, (mom's in her 80's and has great aim with a wooden spoon), and really start to burn out over the T9 stuff. Before anyone lets fly, I'm retired military, 5'10" 245#, and generally make folks, (including cops), nervous with my physical presence & appearance.

The mods do a great job keeping this place civilized, and that leads a lot to the enjoyment of coming to the site. Thanks to those that put forth the time & effort to make AerioStyle what it is.
('03 SX auto trans, Pearl White) Indianapolis, Indiana. Home of - The Indy 500, Moto GP, Brickyard 400, NHRA US Nationals... All the horsepower you could ever wish for in one place.
Jim In Indy
AerioStyle Addict!!!
AerioStyle Addict!!!

Postby Devilsword » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:28 pm

Woodie wrote:Don't you mean CONtributed? :D :) :o :shock:

haha well without trying i still did it haha i am glad it progressively shocked you.
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Postby Spartan117 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:19 am

Jim In Indy wrote:I guess I just don't (for the most part), say anything that I wouldn't want my mom to hear me say. I'm in my 50's, (mom's in her 80's and has great aim with a wooden spoon), and really start to burn out over the T9 stuff. Before anyone lets fly, I'm retired military, 5'10" 245#, and generally make folks, (including cops), nervous with my physical presence & appearance.

The mods do a great job keeping this place civilized, and that leads a lot to the enjoyment of coming to the site. Thanks to those that put forth the time & effort to make AerioStyle what it is.

for viewers like me right? :D
Spartan117
Super
Super

Return to Laugh it Up