• Advertisement
Help a good cause...like donating to AerioStyle.com!

Spectre short ram intake, a week later P0172 Code

General discussion about anything and everything regarding the Suzuki Aerio.

Spectre short ram intake, a week later P0172 Code

Postby thaartist » Sat May 06, 2017 4:13 pm

P0172 indicates that the Bank 1 System is too rich for a predetermined period of time.
P0172 Fuel System Too Rich

AutoZone said it's an oxygen sensor.

I'm using the spectre intake and Spectre filter 9132 with couplers to hold the Spectre 9405 MAF Sensor Kit with the 2.25 insert. Should I be using the 2.5" insert? The 2.25" looked closed to the actual OEM tube. Everything is tight so there are no leaks. (I had to customize one of the maf mounts to fit our maf sensor tightly.) I didn't get any codes until a week later. The Spectre air filter says it comes "pre-oiled" which some mentioned the K&N filter (pre-oiled) can cause problems on the MAF sensor.

I remember reading about people getting engine codes after installing an intake but can't seem to find the posts right now. Do we have to have the maf and computer relearn somehow? Will a simple battery disconnect correct the error?
2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan
thaartist
Aerio Veteran
Aerio Veteran

Advertisement

David IQ Computer Repair

Re: Spectre short ram intake, a week later P0172 Code

Postby thaartist » Sat May 06, 2017 5:21 pm

I was reading more on the forums that 2.75" at the maf produced no error code or cel as its referred.

I reset the engine light by disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery for about 10 minutes and then used the 2.75" insert and time will tell if the cel comes back. Took the car for a 10 minute drive and all seems well.

With the 2.25" insert I did notice the car was slightly hesitant to go at times. 2.75" insert feels more like when I had the OEM intake.
2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan
thaartist
Aerio Veteran
Aerio Veteran

Re: Spectre short ram intake, a week later P0172 Code

Postby Devilsword » Mon May 08, 2017 12:57 am

Check the how too thread sticky at the top of each thread. The inside dia must be the the same as factory and should be listed in the sticky. I used 4 or 5 black reduction rings that come with the couplings and jammed in the maf tube then drilled to make a snug fit for the maf
There is nothing honorable in street racing, hit the track and drop some panties http://www.youtube.com/user/devil5word Autocross panty dropping vids http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349923/1 Old Cardomain
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Return to General Discussion