• Advertisement
Help a good cause...like donating to AerioStyle.com!

questions running microsquirt on a 2.3

Discuss intakes, pulleys, spark plugs, ground wires, flux capacitors etc... in relation to performance, mpg etc...

questions running microsquirt on a 2.3

Postby rage.690 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:58 pm

I am in the middle of swapping in a 04 2.3 into a samurai buggy. Plans are to turbo it after up and running right. I have done a lot of searching and a couple of the things I can not find are: is the crank a vr or hall sensor, on the logic coils what is the pin out ( power, ground, trigger), stock injector size. It would be great if anyone had info on the settings for ms 2 v3. thanks
rage.690
Aerio Virgin
Aerio Virgin

Advertisement

David IQ Computer Repair

Re: questions running microsquirt on a 2.3

Postby Devilsword » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:30 am

Most of us who went turbo used a AEM piggyback controller with the stock computer. The few sidekicks I have seen run MS bolted a trigger plate to the crank pull and ran a hall sensor. The only factory hall sensor located on the aerio 2.3l is a positioning sensor on the fly. As for the injector cc. I know either in the forums or the picture gallery is my report from when I got the 2.3l pencil injectors cleaned and flow tested.
There is nothing honorable in street racing, hit the track and drop some panties http://www.youtube.com/user/devil5word Autocross panty dropping vids http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349923/1 Old Cardomain
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Postby automat » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:28 pm

There's a crank VR sensor on the crankshaft, it's mounted in the bellhousing right above the rear main seal. now I am not 100% sure about the reluctor. on the SX4 J20A engine it is a pretty standard 36-2-2-2. I used to have this info for the J23 but I really cannot remember 100%.

What I know 100% is that the SX4's crank is a direct replacement for the J23, and it is forged :mrgreen:
07 SX4T JLX AWD
08 SX4 Sport
www.qcsuzukiclub.com
automat
Aerio Virgin
Aerio Virgin

Postby Dr_Richard_Head » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:13 pm

automat wrote:There's a crank VR sensor on the crankshaft, it's mounted in the bellhousing right above the rear main seal. now I am not 100% sure about the reluctor. on the SX4 J20A engine it is a pretty standard 36-2-2-2. I used to have this info for the J23 but I really cannot remember 100%.

What I know 100% is that the SX4's crank is a direct replacement for the J23, and it is forged :mrgreen:

What about the cams? Do they fit too?
2004 Aerio SX (Currently in the process of engine search)
1992 Geo Prizm (daily driver)
Dr_Richard_Head
Aerio Virgin
Aerio Virgin

Return to General Performance