• Advertisement
Help a good cause...like donating to AerioStyle.com!

questions running microsquirt on a 2.3

Discuss intakes, pulleys, spark plugs, ground wires, flux capacitors etc... in relation to performance, mpg etc...

questions running microsquirt on a 2.3

Postby rage.690 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:58 pm

I am in the middle of swapping in a 04 2.3 into a samurai buggy. Plans are to turbo it after up and running right. I have done a lot of searching and a couple of the things I can not find are: is the crank a vr or hall sensor, on the logic coils what is the pin out ( power, ground, trigger), stock injector size. It would be great if anyone had info on the settings for ms 2 v3. thanks
rage.690
Aerio Virgin
Aerio Virgin

Advertisement

David IQ Computer Repair

Re: questions running microsquirt on a 2.3

Postby Devilsword » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:30 am

Most of us who went turbo used a AEM piggyback controller with the stock computer. The few sidekicks I have seen run MS bolted a trigger plate to the crank pull and ran a hall sensor. The only factory hall sensor located on the aerio 2.3l is a positioning sensor on the fly. As for the injector cc. I know either in the forums or the picture gallery is my report from when I got the 2.3l pencil injectors cleaned and flow tested.
There is nothing honorable in street racing, hit the track and drop some panties http://www.youtube.com/user/devil5word Autocross panty dropping vids http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349923/1 Old Cardomain
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Postby automat » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:28 pm

There's a crank VR sensor on the crankshaft, it's mounted in the bellhousing right above the rear main seal. now I am not 100% sure about the reluctor. on the SX4 J20A engine it is a pretty standard 36-2-2-2. I used to have this info for the J23 but I really cannot remember 100%.

What I know 100% is that the SX4's crank is a direct replacement for the J23, and it is forged :mrgreen:
07 SX4T JLX AWD
08 SX4 Sport
www.qcsuzukiclub.com
automat
Aerio Virgin
Aerio Virgin

Postby Dr_Richard_Head » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:13 pm

automat wrote:There's a crank VR sensor on the crankshaft, it's mounted in the bellhousing right above the rear main seal. now I am not 100% sure about the reluctor. on the SX4 J20A engine it is a pretty standard 36-2-2-2. I used to have this info for the J23 but I really cannot remember 100%.

What I know 100% is that the SX4's crank is a direct replacement for the J23, and it is forged :mrgreen:

What about the cams? Do they fit too?
2004 Aerio SX (Currently in the process of engine search)
1992 Geo Prizm (daily driver)
Dr_Richard_Head
Aerio Virgin
Aerio Virgin

Postby Devilsword » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:33 am

automat wrote:What I know 100% is that the SX4's crank is a direct replacement for the J23, and it is forged :mrgreen:

i keep reading this but have yet to see any real proof. even is it is given the cost to retool a production line to produce forge instead of cast its most likely a single plain production with isn't mush to right home about. its not the forged billet aluminum master piece everyone thinks it is. Honestly I still think that crank is about to handle easily twice maybe three times the hp as the stock engine. rods aren't but again, crank failure virtually is caused by lubing issues or or excess vibration at high rpm. that being said unless anyone is build a 9000rpm monster the stock suzuki counter balanced crank should do you fine and if you want a little more out of it get it knifed down.

Dr_Richard_Head wrote:What about the cams? Do they fit too?

no but a 2.3l has a little more lift and duration than the j20a but most importantly the lobes are offset to spin the buckets and improve oiling to prevent the ticking issues of the early years.
There is nothing honorable in street racing, hit the track and drop some panties http://www.youtube.com/user/devil5word Autocross panty dropping vids http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349923/1 Old Cardomain
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Return to General Performance