• Advertisement
Help a good cause...like donating to AerioStyle.com!

Cold Air Intake

Discuss intakes, pulleys, spark plugs, ground wires, flux capacitors etc... in relation to performance, mpg etc...

Cold Air Intake

Postby Dayglo32 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:36 am

Will installing a cold air intake on my 2005 Suzuki Aerio SX Wagon improve its horsepower and fuel efficiency? I saw one online and I need advice before I place an order. The brand is K&N.
Dayglo32
Aerio Newbie
Aerio Newbie

Advertisement

David IQ Computer Repair

Re: Cold Air Intake

Postby Moff_ant » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:42 am

from what I have heard CAIs may or may not be a joke. I have a custom built aluminum one, that I love, except when I have to clean the filter >< all I can say is it made the car louder..

The only way to truly know is to get dyno results.
Moff_ant
Aerio Newbie
Aerio Newbie

Postby Dayglo32 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:21 pm

Thanks for letting me know.
Dayglo32
Aerio Newbie
Aerio Newbie

Postby Devilsword » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:17 am

Nothing is currently on the market for the 2.3l engine you have in your aerio. There is a how too in the how too thread sticky at the top of every section on how to build one. As for the CAI on a NA engine its all about maximizing volume and density. Sometimes a CAI with the right flow can do that. For the most part a SRI works well if you funnel some outside air to it. Now on turbo cars its all about volume. On my veloster turbo people are seeing the most gains with a 4inch dia SRI intake.
There is nothing honorable in street racing, hit the track and drop some panties http://www.youtube.com/user/devil5word Autocross panty dropping vids http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349923/1 Old Cardomain
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Return to General Performance