• Advertisement
Help a good cause...like donating to AerioStyle.com!

How To: MAF cleaning

Technical walkthroughs and HOW-TO documents on how to get the most out of your Aerio. (if you don't know how-to do something this is not the place to ask, only view as a reference)

Re: How To: MAF cleaning

Postby ShortBuSX » Tue May 09, 2006 9:06 pm

ShortBuSX wrote:No, from what I recall(and I recently read it) the FSM says its adjustable by rotating it between those 2 bolts...I'll quote it later when I have the FSM in front of me.

My bad, thats on the following page, and its the TPS thats is adjustable...sorry bout the confusion. :oops:
Image '03 Aerio SX FWD Automatic my Car Domain
ShortBuSX
BuSX Driver
BuSX Driver

Advertisement

David IQ Computer Repair

Postby ShortBuSX » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:32 pm

Anybody else tried this yet?
ShortBuSX
BuSX Driver
BuSX Driver

Postby sidewinder » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:50 pm

The '04 MAF is way upstream of the throttle compared to the '02 so the 04's should stay a lot cleaner. The MAF hot wire should not impact cold start up time - it should start off the prom only using coolant temp and possibly MAT if available. But, I'm talking ancient GM protocol - but little has changed on MAF type cars as far a AIR metering is concerned over 20 years (!) On the ULEV smog cars, a clean MAF might effect hot start though i really doubt it. Now, Hot wire MAF usually have a 20-start count burn off cycle to completely oxidise any residue - but this may not be foolproof. I would attribute the performance change to to the reboot that clears the TOC of your driving coefficients. At near STP the car should perform well. You might have a bad O2 if the performance degrades over 2-3 days as the ECU learns and adjusts to your driving and possibly (faulty) sensor input. Most cars I've rebooted usually take three days to come back to good though! The BIG problem is the ECU takes the o2 signal as GOD and other than open or short, over and under E, it doesnt recognise a sluggish sensor as well as I'D like. The SAAB trionic system is supurb in this regard, and typically perform well until they explode.
Short-I see you havn't redone the ground from the TB bold to the inner fender wall - I'd have a nice 12 Ga braided wire replacing that - unless some suzuki tool need to ref GND there. That spade connector gets really grungy. I think the right body references ground from there (engine/transaxle is ground)

-Grumpy
2004 AERIO SX STOCK
sidewinder
Aerio Casual
Aerio Casual

Postby ShortBuSX » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:38 pm

How come this was never a sticky?
ShortBuSX
BuSX Driver
BuSX Driver

Postby Devilsword » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:29 am

Put it in the how too collection. Since most people rarely go past anything that isnt top of the front page this seemed logical.
There is nothing honorable in street racing, hit the track and drop some panties http://www.youtube.com/user/devil5word Autocross panty dropping vids http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349923/1 Old Cardomain
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Postby thaartist » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:29 pm

I'm going to try this soon, the more easy things we can to restore power and get rid of noises the better!

For pinging I did the piston seafoam treatment like 4 times consecutively by taking out the spark plugs and putting about a table spoon of seafoam down there, let sit for 10-12 hours overnight. Once everything is put back together I reved to about 5,000RPM and held until all the smoke out the tailpipe was gone.

I also do regular seafoam gas treatments about twice a year before or directly after fillup. And I do seafoam treatments in the oil once a year. I put it in the oil and drive it for a few days and then change the oil and filter.

This combination has gotten rid of all the pings thus far, but we will see when Winter comes around.

I have other sounds now which sound like the other users issue earlier in the thread that was thinking it was a cam lobe. Some was gotten rid of by tightening up the engine heat shield in front and the downpipe heatshield on the bottom of the engine. Every mechanic says it sounds like the timing chain wear and I'm at 86,000 miles. I understand chains can stretch and I think this is the noise I hear. I need to do the timing chain, cam gears, gaskets etc. Parts on RockAuto are about $400-$500. Labor locally is about $950. Have to make sure the mechanic does a good job. I'm finding out more and more mechanics don't give a crap really about proper care and just do the job to get it done as fast as possible.

By the way, our car calls for the engine to be taken out because theres no room to access the timing chain.
2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan
thaartist
Aerio Veteran
Aerio Veteran

Postby ihsaan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:46 pm

For more information on Suzuki Liana (Aerio), visit us at
http://suzukilianapk.com
ihsaan
Aerio Newbie
Aerio Newbie

Previous